Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Colors of the Gym- Pocahontas remix

What are a few things I love?
1. Weightlifting
2. Singing Disney Songs (Pandora helps me feel like a Disney Princess while I'm doing my dishes.)
3. Making up ridiculous words to songs. A skill which my team mate Craig is flawless at (jealous much.)

Here is the song "Colors of the Wind" from "Pocahontas." Then enjoy my new lyrics.



You think I'm just an newbie lifter
And you've been so many places; I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see, if the newbie one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?
You don't know...

You think you own whatever bar you lift on
The bar is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every chalk and plate and lifter
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name.

You think the only lifters who are lifters
Are the people who clean and jerk like you
But if you walk the platform of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew

Have you ever heard the man cry with the weight on his back?
Or asked the coach how you can be more like him?
Can you lift with all the voices of those cheering?
Can you lift with all the colors of the gym?
Can you lift with all the colors of the gym?

Come use the hidden chalk bucket in the gym
Come taste the best pre-workout drink
Come roll that bar away from you
And for once never wonder what it weighs

The wrist wraps and the tape are my brothers
The knee sleeves and the belt are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a program in a practice that never ends

How big will your legs grow?
If you quit now then you may never know
And you'll never hear the me cry to my coach in the afternoon
For whether we are tired or broken down
We need to lift with all our courage in a singlet
We need to lift with all the colors of the gym

  You can be quiet and still
'Til you take you caffeine pill
Then you'll lift with all the colors of the gym