Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

No Dessert Challenge- Day 21

Ok so I started my "No Desserts Challenge" on the Wednesday before February started so I'm technically at 21 days here (saving I did my math correctly. :) ) Got a head start, sucka fishes!

No soda was pretty easy for me. I knew desserts would be hard, which is mostly why I need this challenge.  I need to learn better eating habits and self discipline which are skills that will transfer over into weightlifting.

I went to my friend's house that first Saturday on "Cold Stone" night. They were looking forward to it all day and got the kids all excited about it. I felt "rude" not to have dessert... not a good way to start.

I have also had two chocolate cookies and a package of mini bundt cakes. With the bundt cakes, I had two of them and put the rest in the freezer so I wouldn't eat them. "Frozen cake is terrible. No one eats frozen cake" I thought to myself. Then, I eventually tried another one. I thought, "Um. I was wrong. I think frozen cake might be even better!" Then I eventually finished off the mini cakes. All gone.


My name is Sarah and I'm a dessert addict.

I can't be too upset with myself only because...usually in 22 days, I would have probably consumed 22 desserts. Instead, I have had about a handful. So, it has been really moderated.

Still, all the time, I want dessert. I am trying to give myself better alternatives. Using fruit as my main source of "sugar" when I want a sweet snack. I looked at a cupcake cookbook tonight and everything looked so good. Even the caramel ones... and I hate caramel (stupid caramel jerks.)

So I'm thinking I will give myself an additional two days at the end of my sentence to help make up for my eating of desserts.

This is what I feel like without eating desserts.


Although I am not dieting, Ms. Jenna Marbles here explains what we go through when "dieting."
There are cuss words, be forewarned.

 


Ok. Just thought I'd share how much I'm struggling.


Good night!
Sarah

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm not a doctor, or any other kind of trained professional. In fact I'm just a failed dieter.

That said, when I went on a low-carb diet, after about 6 weeks I FINALLY stopped craving sweets like I had previously. So it might be worth cutting out as much sweet stuff as you can for a few weeks to 'reset' your tastebuds a little. Once you break the cravings it's a lot easier, and 3 weeks may not be long enough to do that. I'm not advocating a low-carb diet for you since I think with your training regimen that would be silly. But stick with the no desserts for a bit longer and see if those cravings fade.

Either way, you're obviously doing very well! If 'cheat days' keep you going, then that's what works for you. A cookie here and there won't kill you, and when you know you have disordered eating I think it's important to not just turn this into a NEW bad habit with it's own problems.

Stay positive!