Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Poor Athlete Recipe: Chicken Basil Pasta

That's as good a name as I could come up with. This recipe is one of my recent favorites because it is: cheap, fast/easy to cook, and delicious!

Fresh Basil $1.88
Whole Rotisserie Chicken $6.99
3 Roma Tomatoes A little over $1/lbs
Olive Oil Free - it's my roommates
Box of Pasta Free - my friend gave it to me before she moved. 
Crumbled Feta Cheese $2.99
2 large garlic cloves  (I think a head of garlic is a little over $1 as well)

Boil and drain pasta
Pick of chicken breasts and shred. Add to the pasta
Mince cloves of garlic
In a pan, heat up a copious amount of olive oil (enough to help cook the other ingredients as well as coat all the pasta)
Add minced garlic and sautee
Add chopped basil saute briefly 
Crush all three tomatoes and add to pan (this is the funnest part)
Keep cooking until it reduces a bit.
Add a little salt and pepper
Stir into pasta/chicken
Add feta cheese and stir

Eat and enjoy!