Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

iovershare

get it like ipad?

ok truth.

I was born Jessica Marie Salvaggio to my beautiful biological parents Jeanette and John Salvaggio. Eventually when I was small they divorced and both moved on to be remarried. When my mother remarried my new step father adopted me as my "real dad" on my birth certificate and my name changed to Jessica Gallagher. Since I was so young at the time of the adoption I wasn't sure in accepting what it really meant to be a Salvaggio or a Gallagher. Now as an adult I see the value in roots and family and especially blood. I was born a Salvaggio and I've decided to legally change my name back.

I wasn't married like some people think (who obviously aren't loyal fans cuz I posted about such a non event a few months back), but rather readopted my identity. It may not make sense to anyone my reasoning but like most family situations, its personal.


I vowed on prettystrong to be as open as I can to give women the courage to be themselves. it's only right to share the whole truth and once again over share about myself.


love me, hate me, think prettystrong is pretty weak...I am who I am and proud of it.


fearlessly,

j

p.s I'm too excited to sleep so I've been thinking about all you prettystrong fans and how we can make the experience to the National Championships one we can all share together. I'm too excited to hold it in so here's a hint: you wont be disappointed if you stay tuned. You're in for a show ;)

No comments: