Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The goings on with Sarah

That doesn't make much sense does it? Well, it's a Family Guy reference...so there.

Anywho, just thought I'd let you know what's going on with me lately.

I recently accepted the invitation to be on the Pan American Championship Team. I will be contending to be the strongest woman in the western hemisphere come June. I will be using this meet primarily as a tune up for the National Championships shortly after. The main priority is to qualify and do well at the World Championships. As an elite athlete, you have to pick your battles.

Brute Force Sandbags has sent me some sand bags and I am excited to implement them into my accessory work. All I need to do is buy sand. Seems kind of silly when you live in the desert...

I have agreed to start blogging for the plus size clothing company Junonia. Here's an interview I did with them a while ago. Junonia Interview  Once a month, you'll be able to read a little bit more from me. You just can't get enough, can you?

Training is going pretty decent. I feel like taking the time to get back to the basics is a good thing for me. I am addressing some little things that the athlete generally forgets. Next week, we will start kicking things into gear preparing for the Pan Am Championships.

I am taking an online class. It is challenging but I know it will be worth it in the end.

I have two public speaking opportunities that should be lined up in May and September. I hope both go well and I inspire some kiddos. 

I should be having an interview coming up soon which I am excited about. Staying relevant and getting my name out there is kind of difficult after the Olympics are over.

That's pretty much it. Any other updates will be tweeted, I'm sure.

Stay Strong,

Sarah


No comments: