Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Post!

Welcome everyone! I hope you will enjoy what we're trying to do here. Jessica Gallgher from Team Florida Altamonte and I were team mates at NMU and still are great friends. She's my partner in crime here. We've been brain storming like crazy!

I wanted to share some quotes from weightlifters I read in old Weightlifting USA magazines.

Summer 2002 volume 29 number 2
Carissa Gordon (Gump)
"USAW: Do you have any advice for younger girls who want to step onto the platform?
Gordon: Hmmm let's see. When I first started people were like, 'Oh my gosh, a girl weuightlifter', but I think a lot has changed now with Tara winning the gold medal and so many girls coming up through the junior squads. We have proved that it can be done, so my advice is to not let anyone tell you you can't because I know some girls who are stronger than guys! Don't let anyone shatter your hopes and dreams."

 Women were first allowed to comnpete in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia. The first gold medal ever won in the Olympics was  by Tara Nott (Cunningham). I think her performance was truly inspiring. Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tURLmEw-070

4 comments:

Christine said...

I think this is an awesome idea for a blog!

LindsLee said...

Cool guys, I'm glad to see this.

I saw your protein pancake recipe - for another option, for those who are minimal on carbs, you can make protein pancakes with JUST protein powder. I usually use a couple scoops of protein, some natural peanut butter, baking powder and water... just mix until it's the same consistency as pancake batter. :o)

Also, the yellow font is really difficult to see without moving the screen around to different areas of the background - just a note.

Thanks again for setting this up!

Emmy Vargas said...

It's Nott, not Knott! (Cunningham nowadays) :) Sorry I couldn't help it! lol

Sarah and Jessica said...

Correction made Emmy! Thanks