Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

ok, ok, new plan by j

Dear blog,

today is my first post as a new Jessica. I had a long talk with Sarah yesterday about our new life plan.
it's a pretty amazing plan.

i mean, it's like so good.


like, you guys its seriously the best plan ever...










I've become a self dubbed princess. (so has sarah). REAL LIFE. We have decided as adults having a mature, logical conversation about realistic goals in life and realized that obviously we've been princesses all this time. we've been blind and are ashamed to admit that we didn't see whats been right in front of us this entire time our whole lives since birth of weightlifting.

SO, today is my first blog post as PRINCESS Jess.
As a princess my first duty to myself is believing in my people. I believe in my pretty strong family, my teammates, and my friends near and far. My second duty is peace. I have peace with knowing i'm human and can make mistakes, and can have bad meets sometimes and it's possible i could fail. My third and biggest duty is having faith in my country AKA myself. I have faith that i'm strong enough to make dreams come true that even through mistakes and mad meets i can learn from them and rise again and there are better things to come. I have faith that i can be anything i want to be if i work hard enough and do everything in my royal power to make it happen. Lastly, my duty is to marry a prince from a country that doesn't have enough lifters to fill it's weightlifting team for the Olympic Games and for me to say yes he puts me on the team because its the right thing to do for our country and i wouldn't want to disappoint my new people and royal future family.


fearlessly,

princess jess

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post, Jess. It reminds me of several quotes from famed inventor Thomas Edison:

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”

“When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this - you haven't.”

Love you,

Gary

Anonymous said...

go princess jess! :)