Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Can we build a champion?

Some Athletes are self conscious. We aren't all confident freaks you see on tv: beautiful, talented, put together. But really I mean me, I'm not.

The athletes in interviews on espn all seem so cool, confident and beautiful to me. So put together and talented. I could only dream to be one of them in the future. One thing I've learned is
There's no shame in asking for help and leaning on people you trust to support you. I feel stronger knowing I have so many people in my corner. 

Life's too hard to live alone. 

Anyway, i'm 2 weeks till the national championships
The countdown has begun. You know what they say.. Takes a village to raise a champion! I've been working with my amazing sports psychologist Adam Saucedo on being mentally prepared, the famous Greg Everett on being physically prepared and my chiropractor Fran  to stay healthy not to mention supporting my team like they support me so we can all be the best we can be. 

To be honest i havent felt very confident in how ive been training leading up. Hopefully i can still pull out a decent performance. One thing I know is ill fight with every bit of me from now till i'm competing on the platform so i guess we'll see what happens-saturday, july 27wish me luck. 

Fearlessly, j

3 comments:

Ellen said...

You got it! Stay confident and positive! :)

Unknown said...

A lot can happen in two weeks Jess! Can't give you confidence, but I can give you my unflagging support! I could have said tireless support but unflagging seemed more dramatic! I am a proud member of #TeamJess! Now go lift some heavy sh&#!

oybrandon said...

Just remember two things...1. Its gotta be fun. If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong. 2. Sometimes what we work for seems confusing or frustrating because the results aren't happening like we imagined..but sooner or later it all comes together and that confusion and frustration just goes away.