Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2013

May's Training

Ok so this post was originally supposed to be about girly stuff like make up but... of course I forgot to save it and I don't feel like writing about makeup for an hour. It was a fun post, though. I'm such a dingus!


Anywho, I've written about a lot of other stuff lately but, not actually about my training. You see, I like to keep some of my training a secret. It adds to my aura of being sultry and mysterious. It leaves more to the imagination. It keeps you coming back...

Ok it doesn't do any of that but, I do like to keep some of my training to myself; good or bad.

So here' what's been going on that I'll let you know about:

*So far as supplementation is concerned, I have been taking casein and a carb/bcaa's mix, and both are working marvelously.
*I have created a few designs for custom singlets and I am in the works of having one of them created by the time the National Championships rolls around. I am really very excited about this project and I hope it takes off.
*I have been Back Squatting 200 kgs fairly regularly and I Front Squatted 180 last week.I am starting to Snatch 100+ more frequently as well as Clean and Jerking 140+. I haven't really been an athlete to train the lifts very heavy during training but, we're doing our best to change that to adapt to a new training style.
*I was training 3 times a day for a while but, I was getting tendonitis pretty bad so we backed off for a bit. Now we are doing two a days. We'll see if I resume three times after Pan Ams/Nationals preparing for the World Championships.
*I have applied for a couple of travel and training grants so I can go to an acclimation camp somewhere in Europe before the World Championships.

A couple of more personal updates:
* School is going really well. I got a B in my first class and currently, I am getting an A. I am working hard to maintain As and Bs
*I have a couple of public speaking engagements coming up that I am very excited about
*I am sad that my VCR is broken. HOW am I going to watch Lawrence of Arabia?!
*I have two pairs of Khakis now that actually fit. I'll look like a super Pro when I travel.
*I taught a Crossfit class recently how to snatch and will teach them how to clean and jerk. I like it a lot and it's a good way to work on my public speaking/teaching skills as well as help supplement my income. 
*I found a really cheap store nearby to get all of my meat. I have 30 lbs of new meat in my freezer just waiting to get me stronger.


SaraH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Crossfit class is this??

Sarah and Jessica said...

Free Range