Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A typical Sarah Robles Week

Here's a typical work week for me.

During track season, it varies because I coach track in the afternoons. Things also change when I have to travel to events or competitions.My schedule is very generally timed. I often spend more hours in the gym when we have a high volume training cycle. All of this is done on top of what "normal" people do during their day. My schedule was even more packed when I was training and competing when taking a full course load at school.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday
7:40 am Wake up, eat breakfast, dress, get to the gym (20-25 minute drive)
8:45 am Arrive at practice. Stretch and get ready to lift.
9:00 Practice Starts
11:30-12:00 Practice Ends-supplements, ice, stretch, roll around on the floor
12:00 Head home
12:30 First Lunch
1:00-2:00 Administrative duties (interviews, emails, phone calls)
2:00 Nap Time
3:00 Second Lunch, supplements
3:30/3:45 Leave for the gym
4:00/3:15 Stretch, Warm Up
4:30 Practice Starts
6:30-7:00 Ice stretch, supplements, do funny dances
7:00 Go home (Fridays are team dinner nights)
7:30 Dinner, administrative duties, shower, and relax
11:00 Protein/Bed time

Tuesday
8:00-9:00 Wake up first breakfast, get ready for the day
10:30/10:45 Leave for Gym
11:30 Dynamic warm up and therapy (ice, partner stretching, stem machine, video, light massage, etc.)
1:00 Head home
1:30 First Lunch
2:00 Nap
3:00 Wakeup, second lunch, get ready for practice
3:30/3:45 Drive to Practice
4:30 Practice
6:30-7:00 Ice, stretch, supplements, make someone laugh
6:30/7:00 Drive home
7:30 Dinner, administrative duties, shower, and relax
11:00 Protein/Bed time

Thursday (usually, this day is the best for photo shoots and interviews)
8:00-9:00 Wake up first breakfast, get ready for the day

10:30/10:45 Leave for Gym
11:30 Dynamic warm up and therapy (ice, partner stretching, stem machine, video, light massage, etc.)
1:00 Drive to the Chiropractor
1:30 Adjustment/soft tissue work
2:30 Lunch
3:00 Head back into town for massage (freeway traffic) Pretend I'm Lady gaga and jam in my car
4:00 Massage
5:00 Head home for dinner
5:30/5:45 First Dinner
8:00 Second Dinner, administrative duties, shower, and relax
11:00 Protein/ Bed time

Saturday
8:00 Wake up first breakfast, get ready for the day
8:45  Leave for Gym
9:15 Warm up, stretch, supplements
11:30-12:00 Head home
12:00 First Lunch,administrative duties, shower, and relax
1:00 Nap
The rest of the day is spent grocery shopping, housework, maybe hang out with my team mates or friends or photo shoots and interviews
Then I get to bed.

Sunday
Completely off day unless I am at a competition. I sleep in, go to church, do all of my cooking for the week, update my blog if I feel like it, and do a mess of cooking for the week.

So there's a rough Idea of all of the things that I do in my day.
Everything that I do revolves around my training and is for my training. It's difficult to find a job in between all of that or one that isn't too laborious on my body so I can recover. Weightlifting is my job. I am a professional.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love this. Enjoy it while you can! Trying to commit to lifting with multiple children and a 50+ hour work week sucks.

wendy said...

i applaud your commitment, keep up the good work! i also appreciate your honesty and transparency.

p.s. you shouldn't allow people to post as 'anonymous.' they will generally say meaner things than they would if they actually had to associate their own names to the comment.

The Dragon Lord said...

Sounds like you know my late grandmother's secret for a long work day--cat naps.

Thank you for serving our country and women everywhere!

Leslie Todd said...

I really admire all your hard work and I wish you the best in your competitions. I'm cheering for you!

Ditto about not letting people comment anonymously. It seems to bring out the trolls.

Leslie Todd said...

I admire all your hard work and wish you the best in your competitions. I'm cheering you on!

Michaeleen Morgan said...

This is so awesome! I did not know anything about you ar ethis sport until my BFF said, Hey, check this chick out!

You are so inspirational!!!

BTW, I live in Flagstaff, but if you ever need clothes altered, I sew, I know it can be a bitch to get clothes that fit properly. (I'm 6'1" and built like a football player, so I feel your fashion pain!) I can't give you money, but I can help you look amazing while doing amazing things!

Joy said...

You ladies are such an inspiration (and fun, love the video!). Having found the sport later in life (my 50's) I am in awe of your dedication and abilities. You girls rock!