Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cleans Without Moving Feet

I feel like I've gotten a bit off track with my blog. I'd like to talk a bit more about actual weightlifting.

Here is an exercise we like to perform. It's called, "Cleans Without Moving Feet"

It accomplishes 3 goals:
1.) Maximize force applied into the ground
2.) Forces athlete to fully extend the body
3.) Increases speed under the bar

The athlete starts the lift with their feet already in their "receiving position." The receiving position refers to where the feet are located when the athlete catches the bar. The proceed to lift the bar without moving or displacing their feet. They may come onto the toes but that is it.


Learn about weightlifting-Here are some weightlifting tidbits:
*There are 8 weight classes for men and 7 for women
*We compete in two lifts: Snatch and Clean and Jerk
*Women's weightlifting has been an Olympic sport since 2000

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why drop the bar? All my efforts - working for a living as a 100 pound guy - always meant trying a lot harder.

So - why drop the damn weight? I know it's hard, but it's a lot harder to go from full whatever-that-is back down progressively.

That said, thanks for Reddiiting - I'm aa fan.

RODRAM said...

What a clean and powerful exercise, I can see the utilization of all available strength motion. GOOD JOB!!