Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Monday, July 18, 2011

Nationals

well i think it's safe to say nationals didn't go as expected. The Mid-America Center is a huge arena and we were in some little room off the side. Dont get me wrong it was a very nice set up just felt like a waste to have it in Council Bluffs instead of Colorado Springs in a hotel somewhere the same size.

There was a lot of great lifting and a lot of great lifters that didn't do so hot. I for one did not expect to BOMB out (not total) in any of my snatches. The warm ups went great training was great my body felt great it just wasn't there on the platform. Clean and Jerks were better but according to my coach missing my second attempt was a waste of a lift. He's totally right. I guess it's always true there's always a next meet.


Fearlessly,
Jessica

1 comment:

Debbie Millet Carroll said...

I agree. I didn't see the point of Iowa and I also feel concerned as to why so many of our best lifters didn't do what we know you/they can do. Can we just yell "do over!" - can't we be allowed one annual weightlifting mulligan?