Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Friday, January 21, 2011

Banana Nut Bread Protein Shake

Seriously this was so good. I totally just made it up. (aka I stole a similar recipe and made it my own)
It was rockin'. It tasted like Banana Nut Bread batter. Ok so here's my recipe. You're welcome.





1 serving size of vanilla Muscle Milk
1 Banana
1 1/2 Cups Coconut water ( Vita Coco is my favorite)
1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
1 egg white (use with caution: risk of salmonella) 
1 1/2 teaspoons honey (more or less to taste)
Cinnamon to taste.

Blend thoroughly and enjoy within 30-60 minutes post workout.


 I enjoy using coconut water because it's a great source of electrolytes and much less sugar than leading sports drinks (about 2-3 times the amount of potassium) 

Sarah

No comments: