Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Us

My photo
Jessica is our 2016 Olympic Hopeful and Sarah is our 2012 Olympian in Weightlifting. We're setting out to be "Pretty Strong" and we encourage you to do the same.

Translate

Monday, August 23, 2010

About Sarah

     Here's Sarahs' background in weightlifting: Christina McClure showed me the lifts during my 2003 Track Season. I was so sore I quit! The next year Rich McClure coached at my highschool and forced me to lift to help with throwing. I went to a few local meets in 2004 and 2005. Turns out I actually enjoyed competing. I decided after my throwing career, I'd like to compete full time. I threw for two years in college and I ended up switching over after track season 2008. I competed and medaled at my first Jr. Nationals in 2008 went to Collegiates on the same weekend as two track meets, and then Jr.Worlds. I decided to lift full time. I went to NMU for my first year of lifting. That's where I met the lovely Jessica! I then got accepted to the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center. I spent one year there, and now, I am currently in Arizona training at Performance One Advanced sports training.

Here's a training video of Jessica. Be sure to check out our youtube pages under "Our favorite Links!!!"

No comments: